Encountered DPC Watchdog violation error in Windows 10 on your desktop PC or laptop? These few solutions will help you fix this problem.
Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows from Microsoft. Being prone to attacks, Microsoft regularly release updates for its latest operating system. Such updates fix the exploits as well as bugs reported by users.
DPC_Watchdog_Violation is the error which is faced too frequently by users these days.
DPC WatchDog Violation Error
The main reason Windows 10 shows this error is outdated SSD drivers/firmware. Users having Windows 10 installed on their PCs or desktops with SSD drivers are prone to this problem.
Apart from that, any other hardware with incompatible or outdated firmware version can be cause of this problem too.
Guide to Fix DPC_WatchDog_Violation Error in Windows 10
We have analyzed this error and found that it can be easily fixed. Here we will share few methods to help victims fix DPC_Watchdog_Violation.
Method # 01: Update SSD Firmware
As mentioned before, the main cause of this problem can be outdated SSD firmware. In order to update your SSD to latest firmware, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Launch File explorer on your Windows 10 desktop or laptop.
- On My Computer, right click and then select Manage from the popup menu.
- Go to Computer Management window. There go to Device Manager.
- Expand the Disk Drives. It will show list of hard drivers connected with your computer.
- Right click on your SSD one. In that new window, click on Driver tab. Click on Update drivers button.
- Now Window will search for the latest firmware of your SSD. If it is available, user will be notified.
Hopefully the issue will be resolved after updating SSD drivers. If it still persists, follow the second method.
Method # 02: Remove All Connected Hardware One by One
If after the updating the SSD firmware the problem is not fixed, do not get panic. There is another method to fix the problem.
The main cause of DPC_WatchDog_Violation error is outdated hardware. To fix the issue, remove all the connected hardware from your computer including keyboard, mouse, external HDDs etc. After that, turn ON your PC.
There should not be BSOD in Windows 10 now. Next connect each device one by one. This way, the culprit hardware can be easily detected.
Which method worked in your case to fix DPC_Watchdog_Violation error? Let us know.