Are you facing 0x00000709 Default Printer Error on your Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or Windows 10 PC or Laptop? These two methods will help you get rid of this annoying problem.
What is 0x00000709 Default Printer Error?
Sometimes when you try to add new printer to your Computer and want to make it default printer, your PC gives error. This is because your Windows 7/8/10 Laptop or PC is in love with previous printer and won’t remove it from default that easily. However, it can be easily done, thanks to registry settings.
How to Fix 0x00000709 Default Printer Error?
There are two methods to fix in 0x00000709 Default Printer Error in Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. However, before proceeding with tutorial, make sure you back up your system registry file. This is advised so incase somethings goes wrong, you are on safer side.
Method # 01: Manually Edit the Registry Files
To manually modify the registry entry for this printer error, open run command.
- Enter regedit and hit Enter. Make sure you run it as administrator.
- Now search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER. In right pane, go to \Microsoft\windows\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows.
- There click on device and modify the value to name of your new printer.
- Close registry editor. Try changing the default printer again.
Hopefully the issue of 0x00000709 Default Printer error will be gone now.
Method # 02: Using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Look for Devices and Printers and run it as administrator. Now try choosing your new printer as default one.
That’s it. Let us know if you have any question related to 0x00000709 Default Printer Error on your Windows 7/8/10 PC or Laptop.