DEP is a Windows security program that keeps all the softwares you use under its radar. It stops the affected files. In this way, it keeps your computer secure.
Guide to turn off DEP (Data Execution Prevention)
In this tutorial, we will show you how to disable DEP for desired programs in Windows 7,8 and 10.
- Right-click My Computer on the desktop.
- Select properties.
- Then go to Advanced system settings located on the left side of this window.
- Go to advanced tab.
- Then Select settings from the performance tab.
- Then click on Data Prevention Execution tab.
- The top option means that the DEP would be enabled for the programs that you may choose or the ones you may not choose.
- The second option is recommended for you if you are experiencing this issue with a particular program. You can choose which files are not affected by the DEP.
- You can add the desired program by enabling the second option and then clicking the add button below.
- Ignore the error.