Enjoying your Android Galaxy S6, Nexus 6P or 5X, One Plus One and all of sudden it shows error “Unfortunately Com.Google.Process.Gapps has stopped”. Luckily, the problem is sorted is solved.
For those who do not know, Gapps actually stands for Google Apps. As you can get idea from the error itself, this issue is mainly due to problem with any of the Google app which come pre-installed on all Android devices. Of course, you cannot un-install them because this is what Android is made up of. The issue is not with Google Apps but the culprit is your smartphone. As the solution is already found, so without wasting time, let us fix this annoying com.Google.Process.Gapps has stopped error.
How to Solve Com.Google.Process.Gapps has Stopped
We will be covering three methods to help our readers solve this issue. Both are proven to be working, you can opt for either one.
Method # 01: Reset Installed Apps on your Android Device
Mostly the error is because of some mis-configuration of apps. Follow the steps below to reset apps:
- Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- Go to Applicaitn Manager. Select all the apps.
- As soon as you do it, you will get “Reset Apps” option. Tap on it.
- Now restart your Android device.
If this did not work in your case, follow the second method.
Method # 02: Enable Download Manager
Sometimes the main culprit is the built-in download manager of Android. To disable it:
- Again open the Settings App and go to Apps section.
- Search for Download manager and open its app details.
- There you will see Disable option. Tap on it.
- Close the settings App.
- Repeat the above steps again and this time enable the download manager.
Method # 03 Factory Reset your Android Device
This is the last and least recommended method. If both of the above methods did not work, you are left with only one option to factory reset your device. For that:
- Launch the Settings App.
- Scroll down and tap on reset.
- Factory reset your Android device.
Make sure you have backup all your data before doing so because all the data will be deleted.
If none worked out, soft reset your Android device the problem Com.Google.Process.Gapps has stopped will be gone.