Users might come across different errors in Windows 10. These days, some users are reporting error 0x8024a105 when trying to update their Windows 10. You will face such an error displaying a message which reads:
“There were problem downloading some updates, but we will try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help”.
In this tutorial, we have come with a lot fixes to resolve this problem. By following below fixes, you will be able to get rid of this error.
Simple fixes For Error (0x8024a105)
We will go through different types of fixes. Follow the below fixes:
Rebooting your Computer
First of all, reboot your computer as it might help to fix this error. Also, go ahead and change your internet connection by swapping your wireless connection to a wired one. This fix might help you as it is common method to fix any problem.
- Another fix for this problem I recommend you is troubleshooting windows update. As windows 10 offers you a built-in troubleshooter that might help you to fix different kinds of errors. To do that, simply follow the below steps:
- Open the start menu by clicking on windows icon located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Type the troubleshoot and click on it to open the troubleshoot windows.
- After that, in troubleshoot windows, click on the Windows update option and proceed to troubleshoot.
- Wait for the troubleshoot process to complete and after the completion of process. Check, if the problem still persists or not.
Using DISM Tool
Another way to fix this problem is running DISM Tool. This will help you to cleanup corrupted file or will recover the corrupted file to fix this issue. As in the presence of corrupted file sometime cause this error. Follow the below steps to use DISM Tool:
- Simultaneously press windows + x key to open the menu.
- From the menu, select command prompt (Admin) or Windows powershell (Admin).
- In Powershell windows, type the following command and press enter:
DISM/Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth
- Wait for the process to complete as the command will start scanning the files and if found any corrupted file will resolve it.
- At last, Restart your computer and then check the error is still ocurring or not.
Clean Boot your Computer
Simple follow the below steps to clean boot your computer:
- Press and hold Windows + R key to open run dialogue box.
- Type the “msconfig” and press enter.
- In System configuration windows, click on the services tab there.
- Check the “Hide all microsoft services” and then click on “Disable all” option.
- Then, go to start-up tab and click on open task manager.
- In task manager, select all the start-up items and click on “Disable”.
- Click on the close button to close the task manager.
- Open the system configuration windows again and click on start-up tab and then click OK.
- At last, restart your computer and check the problem still occurring or not.
Change User Account control settings
Sometimes, the permission is not being granted to the logged-in account which cause an error. Follow the below steps to change User Account control:
- Simultaneously press windows + R key and type the “netplwiz” to open user account window.
- In User tab, you need to choose the current user account and click on properties option.
- In properties window, click on Group membership and choose administrator option.
- Click on Apply option to save all the changes.
- At last, reboot your computer and log-in with the same user account, then check if the problem still occurs or not.
Resetting WAC (Windows Update Components)
Sometimes the WAC are corrupted and you need to reset it to resolve the problems that occurs by it. Follow the below steps to Reset Windows Update Components:
- Click on the windows icon and then type cmd to and right click on it to open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Then type the followings command one by one by pressing enter each:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
- The above commands will stop all the services needed to download and install updates for windows 10.
- Then type the following commands one by one:
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old
- The above command will rename the folder of software distribution and catroot2. These two folders are being used by windows 10 for storing data and temporary files. After that, the system will not find the required files and will create the new ones.
- You need to repeat the step 2 again as you have disabled the services before.
- Hopefully, this will ultimately solve the update error.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.