The error ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED is a very common error faced by many people. This error limits a users approach to any website. Resetting your modem will not help you in this case.
The main reason or culprit for this problem can be either the installed antivirus program or LAN settings. In this tutorial, we will cover different methods to fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED problem on Google Chrome in Windows 8 or Windows 10.
Guide to Fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Error on Chrome in Windows
First of all check if your internet cables are working properly. If it is okay, then follow any of the method below to get ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED problem fixed.
Fix # 01: Change Lan Settings
- Click The Windows Logo and type ‘Control Panel’.
- Look for Internet Options in Control panel.
- Then look for Connections tab and in this tab on lower right corner you will see ‘Lan settings’.
- You will see several options here, untick all of them and check your browser.
Hopefully this would fix the problem. Try the method below if the problem still persists.
Fix # 02: Clearing History on Browsers
- Open the browser you use and Press Ctrl+H.
- This will bring you to a page named History.
- Look to your left side and you will see ‘Clear Browsing Data’.
- Clink on it and make sure you have marked all options and it is important to choose the option ‘the beginning of time’ while doing so.
Check if ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Error is gone or not. If it is still there, follow the third method to fix it.
Fix # 03: Uninstalling Anti-Virus
The reason for this issue could be your antivirus. Uninstalling your antivirus is easy. Follow these steps:
- On Windows 10, simply go to Settings and then choose the option ‘Apps’.
- Search for your Anti-virus there and choose Uninstall.
- If this fixes your problem, Re-install your Anti-virus and change its settings regarding the internet.
Let us know which method worked for you to fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Error in Windows 8/10.