So you happen to own Galaxy S7 Edge? Well, what if I tell you that you can now update it to Android 9.0 Pie, thanks to AOSP Custom ROM.
Galaxy S7 Edge Specifications
Galaxy S7 Edge comes with 5.5 inches large display supporting resolution of 1440×2560 pixels protected by corning gorilla glass 4 technology. The camera of the phone include 12MP Primary camera with LED flash including features and 5MP secondary camera for selfies.
Regarding the internal storage, the phone comes in three varients 32 or 64 or 128 GB with 4 GB RAM and also support micro-SD card upto 512 GB. The connectivity medium of the phone include WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC and USB.
The phone is equipped with Li-Ion 3600 mAh battery to support the power back-up.
If you are willing to install the latest update Android 9 Pie on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Then you are in the right place. Here, you will find how to install the Custom ROM on your phone. Just follow the article and you are good to go.
Android 9.0 AOSP Custom ROM for Galaxy S7
First of all, let me describe you the interesting features of new Android 9 Pie update.
Features of Android 9 Pie Update:
Android 9 Pie comes with a lot new and outstanding features that are more reliable for Android phone.
This features was introduced to check the apps that was mostly used by users and were considered favourite by users. This feature help to balance the smartphone usage and moderate parts that require attention. It also include timer which user can set while using the particular application. After exceeding the time limit, the application icon will automatically turn grey and you will notice the time spending on this app and your addiction for this application.
Smart Battery Feature
The Smart Battery feature will notice the usage detail of the user and will take an action to restrict the applications that are rarely used by the users. This will help turn down battery consumption.
The Gesture-Based navigation is very useful as now mostly Android phones have almost bezel less and notched display. With this feature, the recently open page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
This is the awesome app that will help user to easily reach their destination. With Slices feature, the user will be able to use app functions without entering in it. Whenever, the user will search for that particular application. It will prompt a small properties window containing few quick actions related to that application. This function of this feature is much quicker and user friendly.
This feature is quite outstanding as it work with artificial intelligence. The feature will take notice of the time, when you will change the brightness and will remember it for future and will adjust the brightness according to time and brightness.
- Unlock the bootloader on your device and make sure your device is rooted and custom recovery is installed on it.
- You need 70-75% battery back-up.
- Take back-up of your important data.
Download Android 9 Pie AOSP Custom ROM For Galaxy Edge 7
Steps To Install Android 9 Pie AOSP Custom Recovery on your Galaxy Edge 7
- Download the Android 9 Pie AOSP Custom ROM and Gapps from the link.
- After that, transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode by Rebooting your phone and then Press and Hold Volume down and Power Buttons simultaneously.
- From the Homescreen, select the option take a “Backup” and then “Data” and “Cache” from the Recovery menu.
- Then Select “install” and locate the downloaded ROM files and select it to proceed to install.
- Next flash Gapps file and then Magisk.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and then restart your device. Finally you will be booted into latest update of Android called Android 9 Pie AOSP Custom ROM.
Let us know in the comment section if you are placing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.