You need removable driver or external hard drive in order to back-up files to it. In this tutorial, we will guide you through simple methods how to back-up files from command prompt. Just follow this article and you are good to go.
Methods To Back-up files from command prompt
Follow The Below Steps carefully:
Step 1: Using Command Prompt & Notepad To Back-up Data To Externel Storage
1. Restart your computer and press F8 Key during the Start-up process, you will see “Repair Your Computer” option under “Advanced Boot Options”. Select it in order to boot into recovery mode. If you are unable to see “Repair your computer” option, then you need to use the “installation media”.
2. If you are using bootable USB drive or DVD, then you will be asked “Press any Key”. After pressing a key, windows will start loading files from bootable USB drive and you will see the message “Windows is loading files”. Follow the on-screen instructions and click on “next” button.
3. When you see the “install now” button on the screen. Don’t click on it and locate the option “Repair your computer” at the lower left corner and click on it to start system recovery option. It will search for windows installation. From the list, select the operating system. To see the available recovery tools, click on the “Next” button.
4. Then click on “command prompt”.
5. Type “Notepad.exe” in the command prompt and then press enter key to open the Notepad application.
6. When the Notepad application gets opened, click on File->Save as to launch the Save as window.
7. Here, you need to locate the files you want to back-up.
8. Attach the USB or externel drive to your computer.
9. At last, Simply right click on the “Files or Folders” you want to back-up and click on “Send” button to sent the it to your USB or externel Drive.
10. for the copying files process to complete as it might take time and don’t interrupt in the process.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.