You might be aware of that all the windows of Microsoft support Dual or multiple monitors. Like, you can connect two monitors to one computer and it will be supported by windows. Windows 10 is the latest operating system of Microsoft and is good at handling more than one monitor.
when you connect two monitors to a computer, the one monitors is set to be primary monitor that was connected first and the others are set to be secondary. In this tutorial, we will guide you how to change the primary monitor in windows through simple methods.
Methods To Change Primary Monitor in Windows
You need to follow the below carefully:
Step 1: Changing Primary Monitor in Windows 7
1. Right Click anywhere in the empty space on desktop.
2. From properties menu, select the option “Screen Resolution”.
3. After that, you will see all the monitors connected to your computer visible below the “Change the appearance of your display”. You will also notice each screen titled with number in the center. The “1” indicates the primary monitor of your computer.
4. If you want to change the primary monitor, then simple click on that particular monitor you want to set as primary. Click on the checkbox “make this my main display” to set the selected screen as primary.
5. Then, simply click on “Apply” to make the changes and then click on “OK”.
Step 2: Methods To Change Primary Monitor in Windows 10
1. In desktop, right click anywhere in the empty space and choose “Display settings” from properties menu.
2. From Visible Monitors, select the monitor, you want to set as primary and then check the option “make this my main display”.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.