Windows Allow you to create multiple accounts each with different configuration. You can manage multiple accounts with different settings according to your needs. This is the beauty of windows. It also allow you to transfer your data from the old account to New account. When you are facing some problem related to old account, than you can simply transfer data to new account.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through simple methods how to create a new account and transfer all your data to it. Just follow this guide and you are good to go.
Methods To Create A New User Account & Transfer Data To it
Follow the below steps carefully:
Step 1: Create A New User Account
1. You need to Boot Your computer into Safe mode.
2. The second thing is to type the “settings” in search bar and then locate the “Accounts” option and simply click on it to open.
3. In account tab, locate the “other people” option and click on it.
4. In other people tab, click on “Add someone else to this PC”.
5. Now, the new wizard will open and further you need to follow the on-screen instructions.
6. When it asks for “How will this person sign in?”, then simply click on the option at the bottom of the screen “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information”.
7. After that, you need to select the option “Add a user without Microsoft account”. Here, you will be asked by windows to create a new Microsoft account.
8. Simple follow and fill all the detail and also choose the password for your account.
Finally! you are done, now you can switch to your new local account and you can also move your personal data.
Step 2: How To Transfer and Copy All The Data & Settings To New Account
Follow the below steps carefully:
1. Simultaneously press windows+E key to open windows explorer, then you need to click on the “view” tab and select “options” and then click on “Change folder and search options”.
2. Here, you need to Uncheck the option “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)” and then check “show hidden files, folders, and drivers”.
3. Go to “Local Disk C” and locate the “Documents and settings” folder and click on it to open.
4. Here you might face problem to open the folder because of security, simply right click on the folder and select “properties” and then click on “Security” tab and select “Everyone” option and then click on “Advanced” option to change the permissions. After that, check the “Full control” option and proceed to Apply to make changes. Now, you will be able to open that particular folder.
5. Then, you need to select the “username” of the “user” from where you want to copy files and then “select all” except the files listed below:
6. Copy all the selected files and then go to “New user profile” which you have created in “C:\Documents and Settings\New username folder” and then paste the files in it. You might also be asked “you want to replace the files”, simply press “Yes”.
Finally! all done.
Step 3: Methods To Switch Your Local Account to Microsoft Account
This methods is not compulsory, as your new account will work perfectly. But if you want to link your new account to Microsoft account, then simply follow the below steps:
1. Open the windows “Settings” -> “Accounts”->”Your Account” and then locate the option “Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead”.
2. You will be asked to enter your “username” and “password” to Sign in.
3. After entering the username and password, your account will be linked to Microsoft account.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.