Is your Windows 10 clock or time setting wrong? If so, it might be due to several reasons and in this tutorial, we will cover multiple methods to help you fix this problem.
When this problem occurs in Windows 10, then either the date is not correct or it is the time. Some users have reported that the date on their Windows 10 system is correct, but the time is not accurate on clock, while others have reported vice versa.
Method # 1: Go To Windows Date & Time Settings
- Go to windows settings.
- Select the “Time & Language” option.
- Then click on “Date & Time” from the left pane.
- Make sure that the both the options “set time automatically” & “set time zone automatically” are “On”. If they are off, then turn it “On”.
- If the problem still persists, then turn both the options “Off” and set the time and zone manually accordingly.
Method # 2: Open The Windows Services
- In windows start search, type “services” and then click on the “Services”.
- In Services windows, locate the “Windows Time” option and then right click on it and select the “Properties”.
- In properties windows, set the “startup type” option to “Automatic” and also make sure, that the “service status” is “Running”. If it is running , then stop it and then “start” it again.
- At last, click on apply and then press “Ok”.
Another thing I would check is whether your computer is actually connecting up to the internet, if you have selected the option to set date and time automatically. For the auto-set option to work, it needs to be able to connect somehow to the internet to get that date and time established. Thus if you cannot get the auto-set to work, you might need to take a closer look at other settings in your laptop or desktop related to the connection.
If you have any question or query related to this tutorial, let us know in comments section.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.