Error reporting is by default enable in all versions of windows. Sometimes, it is very annoying. In this tutorial, we will guide you through simple methods how to disable error reporting in windows 10. Simple follow this article and you are good to go.
Why Disable Error Reporting?
You might want to disable error reporting for lots of reasons. Primary among these is the safety of your personal information. When you allow Windows to send information about the error, you might also inadvertently authorizing your computer to transmit sensitive or private information over your network and to Microsoft that you wouldn’t have otherwise shared. The error reporting option doesn’t every say specifically what information is being sent.
Another reason to disable it is that it is just annoying, because it pops up every time and it’s another thing that you slows you down to deal with.
Microsoft would rather that you NOT disable error reporting because the reports help them issue updates and fixes for problems experienced by Windows users, but it is up to you.
Methods To Disable Error Reporting in Windows 10
Follow the below steps carefully:
1. Simultaneously press windows + R key to open run dialogue box.
2. In run dialogue box, type in the “services.msc” and then press enter.
3. In services window, locate the “Windows Error Reporting Service” and then right click on it and select “properties”.
4. In properties window, click on Disabled from the menu next to Startup type. If you are unable to select it, then log in as administrator or open the “services.msc” using command prompt by typing the command “services.msc”.
5. At last, click on “Ok” and then press “Apply” button to save changes.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any additional problems related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.