When you are in discussion about internet background, then you will come to know about internet protocol versions. Every device connected to internet has its own IP address through which it can be accessed. Therefore internet protocol handle packets of data to send or receive to its desired address.
There are two versions of internet protocol, one is IPv4 and the other is IPv6. IPv6 is the latest version of internet protocol which is more efficient in terms of performance and security as compared to IPv4.
The problem is that some network support IPv6 version, therefore some users have reported to disable IPv6 protocol version until it become stable and supported by all networks. In this article, will cover the methods how to disable IPv6 Protocol version.
Method # 1: How To Disable IPv6 Protocol Version
In order to disable internet protocol version 6, you need to go to network connection windows. Follow the steps below:
- Open the run dialogue box and then type “ncpa.cpl” and press enter.
- In network connections window, simply right click on your enabled network adapter and select the “properties” from the menu.
- In properties window, locate the option “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)”. Simply “uncheck” this option and then click on “Ok” button to make changes.
That’s all, now the IPv6 Protocol is disabled for your network adapter.
Method # 2: How To Disable IPv6 Protocol version on all Network Adapters
You need to open “registry editor” in order to disable IPv6 for all adapters. Follow the below steps:
- Open the run dialogue box and then type “regedit” and press enter to execute.
- In registry editor window, type the following command in the path and press enter:
3. After executing the above command, simply double click on “DisableComponent” and if the disable component is not available, then click on “edit->new->DWORD (32 bit) value” and type the name “Disable component”.
4. After that, double click on the newly created “Disable component” and then change the “Value data” from ‘0’ to ‘0ffffffff’ and click on “Ok” button to proceed.
5. Now, restart your computer and the IPv6 protocol will be disabled for all adapters.
We have share 2 methods in order to guide you how to disable IPv6 protocol, if you have any query related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.