Oreo 8.0 is the latest version of Android OS which was released by Google few weeks ago. As it happens each year, the new update is currently only available for Nexus lineup which include Google Pixel phones too. The other manufacturers like Samsung and Huawei take their time to cook the latest Android 8.0 version according to their taste before making it available for their devices.
Good news for Huawei device owners. If your Huawei phone is running on EMUI 4.0 or above, you can enjoy the exact same look of Android 8.0 Oreo, thanks to system vide launcher. theme or skin of this latest version.
Compatible devices include:
- Huawei Honor 5C
- Huawei P9 Lite
- Huawei Mate 8
- Huawei P8 Max
- Huawei P8 Dual Sim
- Huawei Mate S
- Huawei Ascend Mate7
- Huawei P9
- Huawei Honor 6 Plus
- Huawei Honor 7
Before we proceed, check the EMUI version of your Android device using below steps:
- Go to settings app and then About. Check the EMUI version of your device. If it is above 4.0, you may proceed with tutorial.
How to Download and Install Android Oreo 8.0 Theme for Huawei EMUI 4.0 Devices
- Download Android Oreo 8.0 Theme.
- Unzip the zip file on your mobile or PC.
- Now you will need to copy the .hwt file from the unzipped folder to the HWThemes folder. It is inside the phone internal memory.
- Now open the themes app on your Huawei phone and apply the Android Oreo 8.0 theme.
Enjoy Android Oreo 8.0 theme on your Huawei EMUI 4.0 devices. Let us know if you have faced any issue.