In this quick tutorial article, we’ll show you how you can quickly troubleshoot and resolve the “ERR Connection Timed Out” Error you might be seeing on your Windows computer.
ERR Connection Timed Out
If you are encountering the ERR Connection Timed Out error in your Google Chrome, there is something wrong with your google chrome or its files. It can be solved very easily in Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
It is an error that occurs when a script exceeds the max timeout value. If a connection does not receive a response from the server after the established amount of time (generally between 30 to 60 seconds) the connection gets closed and the client will be provided the error message.
Guide to Fix Err Connection Timed Out in Chrome
We have gathered some useful tips to get rid of this problem.
Fix # 01: Clearing Browsing Data of Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Press CTRL + H.
- On the left side of this tab, click on the clear browsing data.
- It is better to delete the data from the beginning of time. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Fix # 02: Proxy Option
Press Windows Key + R at the same time.
- Type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ and press Enter. This will bring you to the Internet Properties window.
- Select the connections tab.
- At the bottom of this tab, you will see LAN settings, click it.
- Now Disable the option ‘Use a proxy server for LAN’. Apply the settings and then restart your computer.
Fix # 03: Chrome Cleanup Tool
The Chrome cleanup tool will check for any unwanted softwares causing this problem.
In general, we also recommend before you make significant changes to your system that you back up your important files to protect you in the event that something happens while you are working on your system.
Did you find the information you were looking for in this article? If you have questions, let us know in the comments section below.
Muhammad Talha is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.