Encountering error that reads ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration on your PC means that the Network Interface Card (NIC) of your modem is not working properly. Because of that, it cannot acquire an IP address.
This leads to no internet connection on your computer which is running on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
How to Solve Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration Error in Windows 7/8/10
There are multiple ways to overcome this problem. We have only covered a few solution to solve this problem.
Fix # 01: Updating Network Drivers
First of all you need to update your drivers. It is the most effective and easiest way to get rid of this problem. In order to have your drivers updated, you need to follow these simple steps.
- Right click the ‘My Computer’ icon on your desktop. Then choose properties.
- On the left-side of this window, you will see ‘Device Manager’.
- Out of the many tabs you will see there, choose Network adapters. Once you click on it, select the Realtek option.
- Right-click it and update driver.
Fix # 02: Resetting the modem
Resetting the modem and then turning it on after 5-10 minutes is most probably going to solve this issue.
Fix # 03: Uninstall Ethernet Drivers
You can uninstall your Ethernet drivers by following below steps:
- Right-clicking the My computer icon at the desktop.
- Click on properties.
- Choose Device Manager.
- On this window, you will see Network Drivers.
- Select the Realtek option.
- Right-click and uninstall the drivers.
Fix # 04: Rebooting the Computer
If all other solutions don’t work out for you, restarting your PC can fix this problem of ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration which is causing you lot of issues in Windows.