Many of the programs usually face the 0xc0000142 error due to the corrupted files. Some programs require specific files to function properly. If these files are damaged, this error is encountered.
This guide will teach you how to fix The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142) error in Windows 7, 8 or 10.
Steps to Fix The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142) Error
Since this problem is very annoying and stops some of the core apps of Windows, it is necessary to get rid of it as soon as possible. There are different methods/fixes to solve 0xc0000142 error in Windows.
Fix # 01: Downloading up-to-date DirectX, .Net Framework and C++
Uninstalling and re-installing the above-mentioned softwares is a simple way to overcome this issue. These softwares can be easily downloaded and installed.
Fix # 02: Compatibility Mode
Running the application in compatibility mode solves many issues. Here are the steps to enable compatibility mode.
- For this purpose you have to right-click the application.
- Head over to the properties. Go to the compatibility tab.
- From there you can enable the compatibility option and select the windows type.
- Apply the changes and check whether the problem has resolved or not.
Fix # 03: System File Checker
If the problem still persists, there is an another way to get rid of this problem.
- Type Command Prompt in the search bar of the Windows and make sure to run it as administrator.
- Once you are there, sfc /scannow. The process will check for corrupted files and will take some time to finish.
Let us know which method worked in your case to fix application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 problem in Windows.