Discord is a very popular application used for chatting purpose. Discord also has windows application. The application is unable to run sometimes. Many users have reported that by double clicking on the Discord executable file, nothing happen. Therefore, they are unable to run the Discord application.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to fix the problem “Discord App is unable to open”. Just follow this guide and you are good to go.
Methods To Fix Discord is Unable To Open
Follow the below steps carefully:
Repair The Corrupted Files
You need to download and run Reimage Plus. This application scan for the corrupted files and repair or recover the missing files. By doing this, the problem will be solved, if not then follow the below methods.
Step 1: End Task From Task Manager
1. Simultaneously press and hold CTRL+Shift+ESC key to open the task manager.
2. In processes tab, locate the discord.exe file.
3. Click on the discord.exe and then press the “End task” button located at the bottom right side of the screen.
4. End Task all the Discord.exe file running in the task manager.
5. At last, close the task manager and launch the discord application again. Hope so, it will work fine if not, then follow the methods below.
Step 2: End Task Using Command Prompt
1. Simultaneously press and hold windows+R key to open run dialogue box and the type “cmd” to open command prompt.
2. In command prompt, type the following command:
taskkill /F /IM discord.exe and then press enter.
3. This command will kill the discord.exe task and then launch the application again.
Step 3: How To Log-in Via Web Version
Sometimes the problem is caused by session or cookies. The issue can be resolved by signing in from the web version and then trying the windows app version. If the desktop version is unable to start, then simply sign-in from the web version and then try to run the desktop version. Hope so, the application will run. If you are still facing problem, then proceed to follow the below method.
Step 4: How To Delete App Data Contents
The last methods exists is to uninstall and then re-install the application again will solve the issue. To do this, simply follow the steps below:
1. Simultaneously press and hold windows+R key to open run dialogue box and then type “appwiz.cpl” and then press enter.
2. Locate the Discord application from the list and then click on “uninstall” button. Also, if the Discord app is already running, then it will not uninstall. First, you will have to end task the app running in the task manager and then “uninstall” the application.
3. The Application will successfully uninstall.
4. Again press windows+R key to open run dialogue box and then type “%appdata%” and press enter. Click on the “View” button from the top menu. Check the “Hidden items” option.
5. Right click on “Discord” folder and select “Delete” option.
6. At last, restart your computer and then re-install discord application. This will fix the issue for you.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.