Check Disk Utility can help you in recovering a lot of performance or system related issues. It can be used in Windows 7, 8 and 10. It scans the partitions of the drives and fixes its errors. It gets rids of corrupted files and improves the PC’s performance.
How to Fix System Errors with Check Disk Utility in Windows 10
It is very easy to initiate the Check Disk utility in your computer. Follow the instructions given below.
Check Disk Utility (CHKDSK)
- First of all open My Computer.
- Right-click the desired drive and open its properties.
- Go to the tools tab. Look for error checking tab and click the ‘check’ button.
- If the check disk utility asks to schedule this process to the next boot up, confirm it.
- It does this because the drive selected is undergoing some process.
- This process could take time depending on your partition drive.
CHKDSK (Command Prompt)
- Type command prompt in the start menu and open it as administrator.
- Now type CHKDSK /f/r and press enter.
- Say yes if it asks for reboot.
- You can also type CHKDSK /?. This will bring a wide range of options to choose from.