Internet Explorer was the first browser that was released by Microsoft. It is also used by many users still now. Many users have reported while trying to launch the Internet Explorer, they cannot access to webpage as the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.
There can be many reasons behind this issue and we will cover all the methods to resolve this issue. Just follow this article and you are good to go.
Before proceeding to the methods, you need to check your internet connection is working. Sometimes we forget to check internet connection and it might become the reason behind this error.
Method # 1: How To Reset Internet Explorer
In this method, we will guide you how to reset the internet explorer. Just follow the steps below and you are good to go.
- Simply open the run dialogue box by pressing windows+R key and then type “inetcpl.cpl” and press enter to execute.
- In internet properties windows, click on the “Advanced tab”. You will see “Delete personal settings” option. Simply check the option by clicking on it.
- At last, click on the “Reset” button.
After resetting your internet explorer, the settings will set to default. Then open the internet explorer and check the problem is gone or still persists.
Method # 2: How To Check Proxy Settings
- Launch the run dialogue box and then type “inetcpl.cpl” and press enter to execute.
- In internet properties window, click on the “connection tab” and then click on “LAN settings” button.
- Take a look on the option “Automatically detect settings” and make sure that this option is checked. You will also see the other two options and these option need to be unchecked.
- After that, simply click on “Ok” and restart your internet explorer and also your computer.
When your computer boots up again, then check the internet explorer is working normally or not.
Method # 3: How To Check The IP Address
To check the IP address, you need to navigate to “Network Connections”. To do that, follow the below steps carefully:
- Open the run dialogue box and then type “ncpa.cpl” and press enter to execute.
- In network connections window, If you are using wired connection, then you need to right click on the “local area connection” and if you are using WiFi connection, then simply right click on “wireless network connection”. Then select the “properties” from the menu.
- In wireless properties window, locate the option “Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)” and double click on it.
- When internet protocol version 4 window opens, select the option “obtain an IP address automatically” and “obtain DNS server address automatically”. Then click “Ok” button to make changes.
- At last, restart your computer and when it boots up again, then check the internet explorer is working or not.
Method # 5 How To Reset Windows Socket TCP/IP Stack
If none of the above method work for you, then you need to fix it by typing some commands in command prompt. Windows socket is a program that is capable of handling all the networks incoming and outgoing requests. Resetting windows socket might help to fix this issue.
Follow the steps below:
Step # 1: Run the command prompt as an administrator rights.
Step # 2: Then type the following commands and press enter after each command to execute it:
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
Step # 3: After executing all the commands, reboot your computer and when it boots up again, then check the internet explorer, it will start working normally.
If you have any query related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.