Microsoft Office suite is one the popular suite, where you can deal with different kinds of application according to your work. Microsoft office suite include Power point, Word, Excel and outlook. This is the beauty of office suite, where you can perform any kind of task related to application.
In this article we will discuss the issue that occurs while using office suite applications and will try ti fix it. Some of the user have recently reported about the issue stating that “Could not create work File. Check the temp environment”. There can be reasons residing behind this problem and the one which is being identified is corrupted files in the temporary internet files folder. When you use Office suits application, basically it is synced with internet through internet explorer due to which the affected files present in your temporary internet files folder prevent it and cause the issue “Could not create the work file”.
Method # 1: Customize Your Computer Registry
Before proceeding, you need to close all the applications running on your computer.
- Open the registry editor by pressing windows+R key to open run dialogue box and then type “regedit” and press enter.
- In registry editor, go to following path:
3. After that, locate the “user shell folders” in the left pane and then click on it.
4. After clicking on the “user shell folders”, navigate to right pane and double click on the “cache” option.
5. Then delete the “data” value that appears in data value text field and paste the following one path:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
After following all the above steps, simply restart your computer and when it boots up again, then check the problem is gone or still persists.
Method # 2: How To Delete Temporary Internet Files Via Internet Explorer
- Simply launch the “Internet Explorer” and then click on “tools” located at the top right corner.
- After that, navigate to “internet options” and click on it and then you will see “Delete” option under the browsing history. Just click on it.
- In order to delete “Temporary internet files”, check the option and then simply click on “Delete” button.
- After that, click on “Ok” and close internet explorer.
- Restart your computer.
When your computer boots up again, then check the problem, hopefully it will not occur again.
If you have any query related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.