If you use Chrome more often than not, you must have experienced the issue that says, this site can’t be reached error in Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. This is a minor error. Its cause being the DNS failure.
So if you are experiencing this issue, don’t worry as we have got your back.
How to Fix “This site can’t be reached” Error in Google Chrome
There are multiple solutions to this problem but we have covered the only the most effective and simple ones.
Fix # 01: Restarting DNS Client
This error has a direct relation with DNS. So first of all:
- You need to restart your DNS client.
- Type ‘run’ in the start menu.
- Then type ‘services.msc’ and hit ok.
- This will open the services window.
- Search for ‘DNS client’.
- Right-click it and restart it.
If this does not solve your issue, follow these steps.
Fix # 02: Resetting Google Chrome Settings
For this purpose:
- Open Google Chrome and type, chrome://flags and then hit enter.
- You will see the reset to default option on the right side of this window.
- Hit it and then restart your computer.
Fix # 03: Uninstall Google Chrome
- Type ‘uninstall a program’ in the search menu of the start.
- Then uninstall Google Chrome.
- After this, go to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Google and delete the contents of this folder ( make sure you have enabled the view hidden files option).
- Download Google Chrome’s latest version once again.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
As always, we think it is a good idea to back up your important documents and data before performing any sort of maintenance on your computer or other devices, to make sure that all of your information is safe and protected.
We hope that you were able to resolve your problem with the information presented in this article. If you are still having problems, feel free to let us know about it in the comments section below.
Muhammad Talha is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.