Unmountable_Boot_Volume Stop error with error code 0x000000ED completely locks down your computer. It then prevents you from accessing your personal files and applications.
The cause behind this error is unknown. Some sources suggest that it can be caused by harmed HDD or corrupted windows files. This error is usually caused when Windows is updated or sometimes you will face this issue unexpectedly.
How to Fix Unmountable_Boot_Volume Error Code 0x000000ED in Windows
This tutorial is written with the aim to help readers fix this annoying unmountable_Boot_Volume error using different methods.
Fix # 01: Use Windows Bootable USB
- Insert Windows 10 DVD or a bootable USB and restart your computer.
- When you see a screen that says Press any key to boot, do this.
- You will be asked for a language, choose it and then click Next.
- In the bottom-left corner of your scree, There is an option Repair your computer.
- After this, You will be brought to a screen with 3 options. One of which is labeled with Troubleshoot.
- Click on Troubleshoot and then click Advanced options.
- There you will see an option of Automatic Repair.
- Go through this process and once its complete, run your Windows.
Hopefully this fix will work for you. If the problem persists try Fix # 02.
Fix # 02: Run Check Disk
- Repeat method 1 till step 6.
- In Advanced options, there is also an option named Command Prompt.
- Type the command as follows:(Write the letter of the drive where Windows is installed)
- sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows chkdsk c: /r
- Restart your PC.
Fix # 03: Re-install your Windows 7/8/10
If all of the above mentioned methods fail, do not get panic as there is still a solution. If you reinstall your windows, It will surely fix this problem.
Let us know which method worked in your case to fix unmountable_Boot_Volume error 0x000000ED in Windows.
Muhammad Qasim is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.