If you are facing any issue related to USB drivers, then the main reason behind this issue corresponds to the driver which might not be properly installed on your computer. You need to fix this issue by installing the compatible or updated drivers. Learn how!
Driver is the most important part that link the software and hardware part of system. Without drivers, the hardware is unable to perform its assigned tasks. To fix USB Driver in Windows 10, follow any of the methods below:
Method # 1: Update The Drivers in Device Manager
- Go to “Device Manager” and then click on “USB controller” to expand it.
- After that, right click on “Generic USB Hub” and then select the “Update Driver” option from the properties menu.
- After that, click on the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
- Then click on the option “let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer”.
- click on the “Generic USB Hub” in order to select it. Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Implement the above steps from 2 to 5 for all Generic USB Hub.
If the problem still persists by following the above steps, then simply implement those steps for all the devices located under the section USB (Universal serial bus) controller.
Method # 2: Check The Windows Update Status
If the above methods does’not resolve the issue for you, then you need to check the windows is upto date or not. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Go to “settings” on your computer.
- In settings, click on the “Update & security”.
- In update & security window, click on the button “Check for updates”.
- Wait for the process to complete and if any update found, then simple install it and restart your computer.
Method # 3: Fix Issue Using Windows Troubleshooter
- Navigate to “settings” on your computer.
- Then click on “Update & security” option.
- Under Update & security, on the left hand side, click on the “Troubleshoot”.
- In Troubleshoot window, click on “Hardware and Devices”.
- After that, click on the button “Run the troubleshooter” and then proceed with the on-screen instructions.
If you have any question related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.