Driver is the most important part that link the software and hardware part of system. Without drivers, the hardware is unable to perform task. Therefore, if you face any issue related to USB drivers, then the reason behind this issue directs to the driver which are not properly installed on your computer. You need to fix this issue by installing the compatible or updated drivers. To do that, follow this guide. In this article we will guide how to fix this issue through simple methods.
Method # 1: Go To Device Manager and Uninstall USB Drivers
- Open the “Device Manager”.
- In device manager, click on “View” button and then select the option “show hidden devices”.
- After that, click on “Other devices” in order to expand it and then right click on the “USB driver controller” and select the “Uninstall” option to remove the driver.
Method # 2: How To Remove The Device Driver
- Navigate to “Device manager” and then click on the “View” button and select the option “Show hidden devices”.
- Then click on “USB controller” to expand it.
- Simply right click on all the devices one by one and select the “uninstall” option in order to remove it.
Method # 3: How To Update The Drivers
- Go to “device manager” and then click on “USB controller” to expand it.
- After that, right click on “Generic USB Hub” and then select the “Update Driver” option from the properties menu.
- After that, click on the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
- Then click on the option “let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer”.
- click on the “Generic USB Hub” in order to select it. Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Implement the above steps from 2 to 5 for all Generic USB Hub.
If the problem still persists by following the above steps, then simply implement those steps for all the devices located under the section USB (Universal serial bus) controller.
Method # 4: How To Check The Windows Update Status
If the above methods does’not resolve the issue for you, then you need to check the windows is upto date or not. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Go to “settings” on your computer.
- In settings, click on the “Update & security”.
- In update & security window, click on the button “Check for updates”.
- Wait for the process to complete and if any update found, then simple install it and restart your computer.
Method # 5: How To Deal With Issue Using Windows Troubleshooter
- Navigate to “settings” on your computer.
- Then click on “Update & security” option.
- Under Update & security, on the left hand side, click on the “Troubleshoot”.
- In Troubleshoot window, click on “Hardware and Devices”.
- After that, click on the button “Run the troubleshooter” and then proceed with the on-screen instructions.
If you have any question related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.