Windows 10 is a popular windows nowadays but along with this, it also contain some bugs like other softwares, which need to be fixed on time as it can cause some serious issue to your computer later. Microsoft is also working on those bugs in order to resolve it. There many kind of bugs that mess with windows 10. In this article we will talk about the wifitask.exe creating problem due to some bugs or virus.
wifitask.exe is the feature that was introduced by windows 10 responsible for security reasons. It runs in the background. When you face problem of wifitask causing CPU high usage, then it means some malware or virus is messing with wifitask which forces it to consume high CPU usage. We will guide you through simple methods in order to solve this issue.
Method # 1: Manage To Verify Your Windows Account
When your windows account needs verification, then windows somehow forces the wifitask.exe to run and consume high CPU usage. Therefore, you need to verify your account. Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to “settings” in windows 10 and click on the “accounts”.
- In accounts, you will see the “verify” button located under your account name. Just click on it.
- Further follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
After verifying your account, check the problem is solved or not. If you are still facing problem, then proceed to next method.
Method # 2: Turn off Windows Defender and Use Antivirus Program
Wifitask.exe is associated with windows defender, but due to some problem it caused CPU High Usage. In that case, you need to turn off windows defender and use any third party software, as there are many available to use for free.
- Go to “settings” on your windows 10.
- Click on the option “update & security”.
- In update & security, click on “windows security”.
- Then click on “Virus & threat protection” and new windows will open, where you need to click on “Virus & threat protection settings”. click on it.
- Now, disable the “Real time protection”.
- Download the antivirus program and install it on your computer.
Restart your computer and when your computer boots up again, then Check the problem is gone or still persists.
Method # 3: How To Turn Off Automatic Enhancer in windows 10
Automatic enhancer is the new feature introduced by windows 10 associated with windows photos. This feature automatically manage to enhance the contrast in your photos.
follow the steps below to disable this feature:
- open the start menu by pressing the windows button.
- Then click on “All apps”.
- In the list, locate the “Photos” and click on it to run it.
- In photos app window, navigate to “settings” and click on it.
- In settings, under viewing and editing section, you will be able to see “Automatically enhance your photos”. Turn it off to click on the slider.
After turning the feature off, simply restart your computer and hopefully the problem will be gone.
If you have any query related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.