When you see “your connection is not private” error in Chrome, it means that the browser cannot establish a private connection with the website that you are running.
How to Solve “your connection is not private error” in Chrome in Windows
It is a very common error and can be fixed in number of ways. Here are some useful ways to solve this issue.
Fix the Time and Date of Your Computer
This is the most common cause to this error. You can easily fix the date and time of your computer. For this, you need to right-click on the date and time located on the right side of task-bar.
- Then select adjust date and time settings.
- Adjust your time correctly.
- In windows 10, enable the automatically set time option.
- Now run Chrome to see if the program has resolved.
Clear the browsing data of Google Chrome
Doing this can also fix the issue.
- Open Google Chrome browser.
- Press CTRL + H.
- Then click on clear browsing data.
- Choose the option to delete the data from the beginning of time.
- Reboot your PC.
Remove Chrome Extensions
If you have unnecessary extensions installed in your chrome, removing them could help you in getting rid of this error. You can delete extensions by going into the chrome window.
- Then click on the three vertical dots on left corner.
- Select ‘more tools’ and then go to extension menu.
- If your issue is still not resolved, then continue onto the website as long as you think its safe. Click on advanced or option at that window and then select ‘proceed to the website’.