A new Custom ROM Called LineageOS 16 based on Android 9 Pie has been released for Android users. Everyone want to upgrade their phone to the latest versions. Because there is always something new and incredible for them in every new update. The lineageOS 16 brings a lot of new features for their users.
In this tutorial we will briefly describe some of the features of LineageOS 16 and will guide how to download and install it.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S5:
Galaxy S5 comes with 5.1 inches display supporting resolution of 1080×1920 pixels protected by corning gorilla glass 3 technology. The camera of the phone include 16MP Primary camera with LED flash including panaroma and HDR and 2MP secondary camera for selfies.
Regarding the internal storage, It comes in two varients 16 or 32 GB with 2 GB RAM and also support micro-SD card upto 256 GB. The connectivity medium include WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Infrared port and USB. It is powered by removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery to support the power back-up.
The sensors on the phone include accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass, barometer, gesture and heart rate.
Features of LineageOS 16:
The Gesture-Based navigation is very useful as now mostly Android phones have almost bezel less and notched display. With this feature, the recently open page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
This is the awesome app that will help user to easily reach their destination. With Slices feature, the user will be able to use app functions without entering in it. Whenever, the user will search for that particular application. It will prompt a small properties window containing few quick actions related to that application. This function of this feature is much quicker and user friendly.
This feature is quite outstanding as it work with artificial intelligence. The feature will take notice of the time, when you will change the brightness and will remember it for future and will adjust the brightness according to time and brightness.
Methods To Download and install LineageOS 16 on Samsung Galaxy S5:
- You need to Unlock bootloader on your phone and root your device and install custom recovery. If you have not done it yet, then click on the link below:
- Your should have 60-70% battery back-up and make back-up of your important data.
Download LineageOS 16 and Gapps:
Final Steps To install LineageOS 16 on Samsung Galaxy S5:
- Download the above files and then transfer it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Turn off your phone, press and hold power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- Tap on the back-up option in TWRP menu and then tap on Data and Cache.
- Tap on install option and locate the downloaded files you have transferred it to the internal storage of your phone before. Just select it to proceed to flashing process.
- After that, install the Gapps file.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and reboot your device. Finally, you will be booted into LineageOS 16.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.