If you are Android OnePlus 2 user and want to update your phone, then you are in the right place. Here, we will guide you how to install Custom ROM Lineage OS 16 based on Android 9 Pie.
Specifications of OnePlus 2:
OnePlus 2 was released with outstanding features outside the box. The phone comes with 5.5 inches display supporting resolution 1080×1920 pixels protected by corning gorilla glass 3 technology. It is equipped with octa-core Snapdragon 810 processor.
Regarding the internal memory, the phone comes in two varients 16 GB with 3 GB RAM or 64 GB with 4 GB RAM. When it comes to camera, the phone comes with dashing 13MP Primary camera with Dual-LED flash including features and 5MP secondary camera for selfies.
The connectivity medium include WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS and USB. It is powered by Li-Po 3300 mAh battery to support the power back-up.
Lineage OS 16 based on Android 9 Pie Features:
This features was introduced to check the apps that was mostly used by users and were considered favourite by users. This feature help to balance the smartphone usage and moderate parts that require attention. It also include timer which user can set while using the particular application. After exceeding the time limit, the application icon will automatically turn grey and you will notice the time spending on this app and your addiction for this application.
Smart Battery Feature
The Smart Battery feature will notice the usage detail of the user and will take an action to restrict the applications that are rarely used by the users. This will help turn down battery consumption.
The Gesture-Based navigation is very useful as now mostly Android phones have almost bezel less and notched display. With this feature, the recently open page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
This is the awesome app that will help user to easily reach their destination. With Slices feature, the user will be able to use app functions without entering in it. Whenever, the user will search for that particular application. It will prompt a small properties window containing few quick actions related to that application. This function of this feature is much quicker and user friendly.
This feature is quite outstanding as it work with artificial intelligence. The feature will take notice of the time, when you will change the brightness and will remember it for future and will adjust the brightness according to time and brightness.
Methods To Download and install Lineage OS 16 Custom ROM on OnePlus 2:
Before proceeding to install Custom ROM, you need to follow these pre-requirements:
- You need to unlock Bootloader on your smartphone and install Custom Recovery and root your device.
- If you have not done it yet, then click on the link below to complete those pre-requirements:
- Make sure that you have 65-70% battery back-up.
- Make back-up of your important data before proceeding.
Download Lineage OS 16 and Gapps For Android OnePlus 2 Smartphone:
Guide To install Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 2 Android:
- Download the above files and after transfer it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Turn off your phone, then press & hold Volume down and power buttons simultaneously to boot your phone into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Tap on “Backup” option in TWRP recovery mode, then tap on “Data” and “Cache” from recovery menu.
- Tap on “install” option and then browse for the Lineage OS 16 file, you have downloaded before and select it. After that flash Gapps file and then Magisk.
- Wait for the process to complete and then Restart your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 16 based on Android 9 Pie.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.