You will be well aware of the problem in windows 10 stating that “Administrator has blocked you from running this app”. This kind of problem is very irritating, Therefore in this tutorial, we will guide through simple methods how to fix this problem. Just follow this article and you are good to go.
Methods To Fix Administrator Blocked An App
Follow the below steps carefully:
Step 1: Run The Reimage Plus
Run the Reimage Plus software to scan the corrupt files. It will scan the files and if found any corrupt or missing files, then repair and recover those files. By doing this, hope so it will fix this issue and if not, then proceed to next step.
Step 2: How To Use The Hidden Administrative Account
1. Click on the windows icon and type “cmd” in the start menu, then right click on it and choose “run as administrator”.
2. In command prompt, type the following command and press enter to execute:
net user administrator /active:yes
3. After typing the above command, then all you need is to sign out from current account by clicking on the windows icon and then click on account logo and select “Sign out”.
4. Then “Sign in” to your administrator account and wait for a while.
5. After Signing in locate the files, you want to install and then install it.
6. Sign out from the administrator account and then sign in to your original account.
7. Type the following command in the command prompt in order to disable hidden administrator account:
net user administrator /active:no
Step 3: How To Disable Windows SmartScreen
1. Right click on the file, you want to install and then select “properties”.
2. In properties window, you will see the “unblock” option at the bottom. All you need is to check it.
3. Then run the file, you want to install.
If you are still facing the problem, then proceed to following steps:
1. Open the “Windows Defender Security Center” and expand the menu on the top right corner and then select “App and browser control”.
2. In app and browser app, turn off the option “check apps and files”.
3. Now proceed to run the file you want to install.
Step 4: How To Run The File Using Command Prompt
1. Simply right click on the file, you want to install and then select “properties” from the menu.
2. In properties menu, select the full location of the file and then open command prompt with administrator privileges by right clicking on it and selecting “run as administrator”.
3. Then paste the location of the file on the command prompt and add the file name at the end with .exe extension.
4. At last, press enter and see the file is running. Hope so, it will run without facing any problem.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.