Well, in windows 10 you might face many problems one of which is HDMI port not working. HDMI port is has very important role in connecting your computer to some high end devices like projector, playstation or it might be television.
HDMI port require a specific cable which is called HDMI cable. HDMI port is capable of transmitting uncompressed audio and video data to device which is connected to computer through HDMI port. Recently, some users have asked for related to HDMI port issue. They have stated that when they connect to HDMI port, they are unable to see the image on the screen like when they connect the projector to HDMI port in computer, then the projector is unable to display the image.
In that case, you need to go through different methods in order to get this problem resolved. In this tutorial, we will guide you how to fix this issue through simple methods.
Follow the methods below carefully:
Method # 1: How To Check HDMI Cable Connection
- You need to unplug the HDMI cable from your computer and your television.
- Also make sure, that you have power off both the computer and the television.
- After sometime, turn it “ON” both the devices “television” and “computer”.
- Then connect your television to a computer through HDMI cable again.
Now, check the problem is gone or still persists, if still facing the problem, then proceed to next method below.
Method # 2: How To Run Windows Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
Running the troubleshooter is the most efficient way to overcome the issue you are facing on your computer. Whether these issues are related to hardware or software, the windows troubleshooter program will detect the problem and will try to fix it for you. Therefore, in order to run the troubleshooter, follow the steps below:
- Open the windows “settings” and then click on “Update & security” option.
- In update & security windows, click on the “Troubleshoot”.
- Then locate the option “Hardware and Devices” and then click on the button “Run the troubleshooter”.
- After that, you need to follow the on-screen instructions in order to fix that particular issue.
Method # 3: How To Configure The System Display Settings
In order to configure the display settings, you need to follow the below steps carefully:
- Simultaneously press windows+P key to open the system display settings.
- Now Check all the options and select the one which is required.
- For projector only, you can select the “second screen only”.
- To use both monitors fr displaying the screen in extended mode, you can use “Extend” mode.
- In order to display the same content on the both the screens, you can “Duplicate” option.
- If you want computer screen only, then select the option “PC screen only”.
Therefore, here you need to display the content on other device connected to your computer, then make sure that the required option is enabled.
We have share the above methods in order to solve your issue. If you have any problem related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.