Are are encountering problems when trying to take screenshot in Windows 10 using Print screen feature? Worry no more as in this article, we will guide you how to fix this problem through 3 simple methods.
By default, Windows 10 allows users to take a screenshot by pressing the “prt sc” button located on the keyboard which is known as print screen button.
But sometime, you might face a problem, while taking a screenshot on your computer or laptop, like it might not be taken when you use the default key assigned for that task.
Method # 1: Update Keyboard Drivers
Go ahead and update the keyboard drivers, to do that, follow the steps below:
- Go to “Device Manager”.
- Locate the “Keyboard” option and then click on it to expand it.
- After that, you will see “Standard PS/2” keyboard, right click on it and select the option “Update drivers”.
- Then click on the option “search automatically for updated drivers”. It will automatically search the latest drivers for you.
- When the process gets complete, restart your computer and check the problem is gone or not.
- If still facing the problem, then follow the above steps from 1 to 3 and then click on the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
- Then click on the option “Let me pick from the available drivers on my computer”. After that, you need to select the latest drivers and then simply click on “next” button.
- At last, restart your computer.
Method # 2: Checking Windows Update Status
- Go to “windows settings” and then click on “Update & security”.
- Click on the “Check for updates” button.
- Wait for it, as windows will check the latest updates for your and if available, then it will download and install the latest updates.
Hope so, after installing the windows updates will solve this problem. If none of the above methods work, then proceed to follow the below method.
Method # 3: Using Alternate Tool of Windows 10
Windows 10 has also got the best alternative tool for taking a screenshot, called snipping tool. The tool include best features and is much user friendly. One can easily take a screenshot with snipping in a smart way and can play around with different features, the tool is providing.
- In windows start search, type “snipping tool”.
- Click on the “snipping tool” and then follow the on screen instructions to take a screenshots and customize it according to your requirements.
If you have any question related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.