Android is an open source OS and you can play with it without any limitations. You can enjoy the new and latest version of Android on any Android smartphones. But the case might be different, Some Android like high-end smartphone get official update of that particular latest version of Android early and some smartphone wait for a long time. Some of them didn’t get the official update. Therefore, the Developers introduce a custom ROM which is an alternate way for those smartphones that cant get official update of that particular latest version of Android. The Unofficial custom ROM is based on that officially released version of Android. Therefore, you can enjoy all the features of Officially released latest version of Android with unofficial Custom ROM.
To install Custom ROM on any Android smartphone, you need to follow some pre-requirements. Which are as follow:
- You need to Unlock Bootloader of your Android phone.
- Need to install Custom Recovery.
- Root your device and then you will be able to install Custom ROM.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to unlock bootloader on your device and how to install custom recovery and root your android device through simple methods. Just follow this article and you are good to go.
Methods To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Device:
Make sure that you have atleast 60-70% power back-up before starting the process.
- Connect your smartphone to a computer via original USB cable.
- Go to ADB & Fastboot folder and then right click somewhere in the white space and from properties windows select “open command windows here” or “open power shell windows here” option. This action will open command windows.
- To Reboot into Bootloader, type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- To confirm the Fastboot connectivity, type the following command. This will return your device code, if your phone is connected properly.
- In Bootloader, type the following command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
- Type the following command. Reboot your phone to boot into your unlocked phone.
- To check your phone Bootloader status, type the following command. If your device is Unlocked, then it will return “True”.
Finally, you are done and successful in unlocking Bootloader.
Methods To install TWRP Recovery and Root your Device:
How To install TWRP Recovery:
- Right click somewhere in the white space and select the option “open command window here”. Type the following command:
fastboot flash recovery name of your smartphone-twrp.img
e:g fastboot flash recovery oneplus2-twrp.img
- After typing the above command. Wait for the Command window process to complete and reboot your phone by typing the following command:
- Finally you are done and you have successfully install TWRP recovery on your smartphone.
How To Root Your Device:
- Open the command window and type the following command. This will boot your device and your phone will automatically reboot into TWRP recovery mode.
adb boot recovery
- In TWRP recovery mode, tap on install and then browse and locate the SuperSu.zip file and select it.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see swipe button. Just swipe it to start the flashing process.
- Wait for the process to complete and then tap on Reboot System.
Congratzzz. You have successfully rooted your smartphone.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.