Disk Management is one of the powerful built-in utility of windows using which you can perform various function like changing the letter of your driver, which is assigned by default from disk management when it is created.
In this article, we will discuss about the Disk Management utility of Windows 10, which is indeed very important feature and you might need to know about its functions and how to use that utility of windows.
Different Functions performed by Disk Management
- You can change the letter of your drive.
- You can make a new drive from the available space on you hard disk.
- You can extend the existing volume of your drive.
- You can format your drive using Disk Management.
To access the Disk Management Utility, follow the below method carefully:
Method # 1: Access Disk Management Utility
- Go to start menu, type “computer management” and press enter.
- When computer management window gets open, on the left pane, you will see the “storage” option. Click on it to expand it.
- Then, click on “Disk Management” and you will see the current statistics of your hard disk.
- Now, perform the task, which you want to do on you hard disk using disk management.
Method # 2: Access Disk Management Using Run command
- Press Windows+R key to open run command.
- type “diskmgmt.msc” and hit the enter key to execute.
- After that, Disk management window will open. Now, you are able to perform different tasks on you hard disk.
Above are the methods to access Disk Management utility of windows, Simply follow and perform different function on your hard disk and operate drives from Disk Management.
If you are having problem related to Disk Management Utility of Windows 10, then let us know!