Windows 10 Creator Update is one of the recent update of windows 10, users of windows 10 who have updated their windows 10 to creator update are facing problem related to brightness. Some users have reported that when they make changes to brightness of their computer display, the changes itself set to default, when they reboot their computer.
Along with this, some users are even unable to make changes to brightness in order to set it to the value they want.
In this article, we will cover all the methods how to fix the brightness issue. Simply keep reading the article and you are good to go.
Method # 1: How To Locate Brightness Reset Task & Disable it in Task Scheduler
Follow the below steps in order to disable the Brightness task in Task scheduler:
- Open the “Task scheduler” application by typing “task scheduler” in the windows start search and then right click on it and select the option “run as administrator”.
- In task scheduler window, go to the following path
Task Scheduler Library->Microsoft->Windows->Display->Brightness
3. After that look at the right pane in task scheduler and locate the “brightness reset” task and then double click on it.
4. You will see the “trigger” option, just click on it and then double click on “At log on” trigger in order to edit it.
5. You will see the options that are enabled, simple uncheck it in order to disable it.
6. At last, click on “Ok” button to make the changes and close the task scheduler application.
7. Now, change the brightness and restart your computer and check after it boots up again.
Method # 2: How To Update The Display Adapter Driver
The another solution to this problem might be updating the display adapter driver, simply follow the article and you are good to go.
- Open the “Device manager” by pressing windows+X key and then selecting the “device manager” from the menu.
- When the device manager window gets opened, then double click on the “display adapter” option in order to expand it.
- Simply right click on the active “display adaptive driver” and then select the “Update driver” from the menu.
- After that, a new window will pop-up where you need to click on “search automatically for updated driver software”.
- It will automatically search and download the drivers for you, wait for the process to complete and then restart your computer.
- If windows is unable to download the and install the updated drivers, then you need to download it from the official website and then install it on your computer.
After updating the drivers, check the problem is gone or still persists.
Method # 3: How To Disable Low Power Mode in Intel GPU Control Panel
- Open the “control panel” and then type “intel” in the search bar at the top left corner. Click on “intel HD graphics” and then “intel GPU control panel” will open.
- After that, locate the option “low power mode” and then simply “disable” it.
- Close the “intel control panel” and then restart your computer.
When your computer boots up again, then check the brightness value is changing or not.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.