Happy news for Motorola Moto Z users as LineageOS 16 has been released for Motorola Moto Z based on Android 9 Pie. LineageOS 16 is a ROM that include a lot of new and customized features. This is the best and latest custom ROM you should install it on your Motorola Moto Z.
In this tutorial, we will discuss some of the features of LineageOS 16 and will guide you how to install LineageOS 16 on Motorola Moto Z through simple methods.
Specifications of Motorola Moto Z:
Motorola Moto Z comes with 5.5 inches display supporting resolution of 1440×2560 pixels protected by corning gorilla glass 4 technology. It is equipped with octa-core processor. The internal memory of the phone include 32 or 64 GB with 4 GB RAM and also support micro-SD card upto 512 GB.
Regarding the camera, the phone include 13MP primary camera with dual-LED flash including features and 5MP secondary camera with LED flash for selfies. The connectivity medium include WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Radio and USB.
It is powered by Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery to support the power back-up.
Features of LineageOS 16:
This features was introduced to check the apps that was mostly used by users and were considered favourite by users. This feature help to balance the smartphone usage and moderate parts that require attention. It also include timer which user can set while using the particular application. After exceeding the time limit, the application icon will automatically turn grey and you will notice the time spending on this app and your addiction for this application.
Smart Battery Feature
The Smart Battery feature will notice the usage detail of the user and will take an action to restrict the applications that are rarely used by the users. This will help turn down battery consumption.
The Gesture-Based navigation is very useful as now mostly Android phones have almost bezel less and notched display. With this feature, the recently open page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
Methods To Download and install LineageOS 16 on Motorola Moto Z:
Before proceeding to install LineageOS 16, you need to follow some pre-requirements which are as follow:
- Unlock Bootloader on your smartphone. If you have not done it yet, then simple follow the below guide:
- Make Sure that you have make back-up of your important data and also battery of your phone should be 50-60%.
Download LineageOS 16 and Gapps For Motorola Moto Z:
Steps To install LineageOS 16 For Motorola Moto Z:
- Before proceeding to flash ROM, you need to unlock bootloader, install TWRP recovery and root your device, which I have provided the full guide above.
- Download the above files and then transfer it to the internal storage of your phone.
- To flash the custom ROM on your phone, you need to boot your phone into TWRP recovery, Switch off your phone, press and hold volume down and power simultaneously until you see the TWRP logo.
- Tap on the “back-up” option and then on “Data” and “Cache” from TWRP recovery menu.
- Then Tap on “install” option and then locate the files which you have downloaded and transferred it to the internal storage of your phone before. Select it and then tap on “Add more zip files” and select Gapps file and then “Swipe to confirm flash”.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and you will be booted into LineageOS 16 based on Android 9 Pie.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.