To install Custom ROM on your phone, you need to root your device first. In this tutorial, we will guide you how to root your device through simple methods. just follow this article and you are good to go.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 5:
Xiaomi redmi 5 is a quality android phone that comes with 5.7 inches large display supporting resolution of 720×1440 protected by corning gorilla glass technology. It support Hybrid dual-Sim mechanism. When it comes to camera, Redmi 5 include a wonderful 12MP primary camera with LED flash including HDR and panaroma.
The connectivity medium include WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, Infrared port, Radio and USB. It is powered by Li-Po 3300 mAh battery to support the power back-up. The internal memory of the phone include 32 GB with 3/4 GB RAM or 16 GB with 2 GB RAM
It is equipped with octa-core 1.8 GHz cortex-A53 processor.
Methods To install TWRP recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi 5:
There are some pre-requirements before proceeding to root your device.
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on your device. Just click on the link below and follow the guide:
- Enable the USB debugging and download USB drivers for Xiaomi Redmi 5.
- Download TWRP recovery For xiaomi Redmi 5.
- Download ADB and Fastboot drivers.
Steps to install TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi redmi 5:
- Before proceeding, you need to install the USB drivers and ADB fastboot drivers for xiaomi redmi 5.
- Go to that particular recovery folder and then right click anywhere in the whitespace while holding shift button. You will see the properties window, choose “open powershell window here” or “command window here”.
- To boot your phone into fastboot mode. Turn off your phone. Press and hold power and volumedown buttons simultaneously to boot your phone into fastboot.
- After that, connect your phone to a computer via USB cable and type the following command to check whether your device is connected or not:
- To flash TWRP custom recovery on your phone, enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Note: Give the correct name of twrp recovery image file which you have downloaded for xiaomi redmi 5.
- Then type the following command to reboot your phone:
Now, you have successfully installed the TWRP custom recovery on your xiaomi redmi 5.
Steps To Root Xiaomi Redmi 5:
- First of all, you need to download SuperSu zip file on your computer and then transfer that downloaded file to the internal storage of your computer.
- To boot your phone into TWRP custom recovery, switch off your phone, press and hold power and volume up buttons simultaneously until you see the Twrp and enter into Twrp recovery interface.
- After that, “Swipe to allow modifications” if you are going to flash Magisk or SuperSu file else keep System read only.
- Then select “install” option from the recovery menu and locate the SuperSu file which you have downloaded and transferred it to the internal storage of your phone.
- “Swipe to confirm flash” and the installation process will start.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and your device will rooted successfully.
- At last, select Reboot option to reboot your phone.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.