TWRP Custom recovery is the most popular custom recovery for Android devices. It provides a user-friendly interface and also allow you to flash custom ROM easily.
In this tutorial we will guide you how to install Custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus and how to root it through simple methods.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus:
Redmi 5 Plus comes with 5.9 inches large display supporting resolution of 1080×2160 pixels. The phone is equipped with octa-core 2.0 GHz cortex-A53 processor. The camera of the phone include 12MP primary camera with dual-LED flash including features and 5MP secondary camera for selfies.
Regarding the internal storage, the phone comes in two varients 64 GB with 4 GB RAM or 32 GB with 3 GB RAM and also support micro-SD card upto 128 GB. The connectivity medium include WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, Infrared port, Radio and USB.
It is powered by Li-Po 4000 mAh battery to support the power back-up.
Methods To install TWRP Recovery and How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus:
Rooting grant you permission to install root apps and to flash custom ROMs on your android device. Before proceeding to rooting process, you need to follow some pre-requirements
- Unlock bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. If you have not done it yet, then click on the link below:
Simple Guide To Unlock Bootloader on Xioami Redmi 5 Plus
- Make back-up of your important data.
- Enable the USB debugging and download & install USB drivers for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
- Download ADB & Fastboot drivers.
- Download TWRP recovery For Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
- Download SuperSu.zip.
Methods To Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus:
- Go to the ADB & Fastboot folder and right click anywhere in the whitespace while holding shift key. From the properties window, open the “power shell window here” or “open command window here”.
- To boot your phone into fastboot mode. Turn your phone off, then press & hold power and volume down buttons simultaneously for a while.
- When you are in Fastboot mode, then connect your smartphone to a computer via USB cable. If you want to check your phone is connected to a computer or not, then type the following command:
- To flash TWRP recovery, type the following command and write the correct name of downloaded twrp recovery image:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- After that, type the following command to reboot your phone:
Congratzz. You have successfully installed the TWRP Custom Recovery on your phone.
Steps To Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus using SuperSu:
- To boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode, turn off your phone and then press and hold power and volume up buttons simultaneously until you see the TWRP logo.
- Tap on “install” options and then locate for the SuperSu zip file you have downloaded before.
- After that, “swipe to confirm flash” button.
- You have successfully rooted your device.
Let us know on the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.