TWRP Custom recovery is the most popular custom recovery for Android devices. It provides a user-friendly interface and also allow you to flash custom ROM easily.
In this tutorial we will guide you how to install Custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus and how to root it through simple methods.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus:
Redmi 5 Plus comes with 5.9 inches large display supporting resolution of 1080×2160 pixels. The phone is equipped with octa-core 2.0 GHz cortex-A53 processor. The camera of the phone include 12MP primary camera with dual-LED flash including features and 5MP secondary camera for selfies.
Regarding the internal storage, the phone comes in two varients 64 GB with 4 GB RAM or 32 GB with 3 GB RAM and also support micro-SD card upto 128 GB. The connectivity medium include WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, Infrared port, Radio and USB.
It is powered by Li-Po 4000 mAh battery to support the power back-up.
Methods To install TWRP Recovery and How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus:
Rooting grant you permission to install root apps and to flash custom ROMs on your android device. Before proceeding to rooting process, you need to follow some pre-requirements
- Unlock bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. If you have not done it yet, then click on the link below:
Simple Guide To Unlock Bootloader on Xioami Redmi 5 Plus
- Make back-up of your important data.
- Enable the USB debugging and download & install USB drivers for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
- Download ADB & Fastboot drivers.
- Download TWRP recovery For Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
- Download SuperSu.zip.
Methods To Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus:
- Go to the ADB & Fastboot folder and right click anywhere in the whitespace while holding shift key. From the properties window, open the “power shell window here” or “open command window here”.
- To boot your phone into fastboot mode. Turn your phone off, then press & hold power and volume down buttons simultaneously for a while.
- When you are in Fastboot mode, then connect your smartphone to a computer via USB cable. If you want to check your phone is connected to a computer or not, then type the following command:
- To flash TWRP recovery, type the following command and write the correct name of downloaded twrp recovery image:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- After that, type the following command to reboot your phone:
Congratzz. You have successfully installed the TWRP Custom Recovery on your phone.
Steps To Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus using SuperSu:
- To boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode, turn off your phone and then press and hold power and volume up buttons simultaneously until you see the TWRP logo.
- Tap on “install” options and then locate for the SuperSu zip file you have downloaded before.
- After that, “swipe to confirm flash” button.
- You have successfully rooted your device.
Let us know on the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.