By rooting your device, you will get a lot of privileges. Rooting can allow you to uninstall the unnecessary applications.
By installing TWRP recovery can help you to flash custom ROM on your device. It is the most popular and user-friendly custom recovery. With TWRP recovery, you can make back-up of your important data.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Redmi Note 5 Pro include 5.9 inches large display supporting resolution of 1080×2160 pixels protected by corning gorilla glass technology. It include Dual 12MP + 5MP primary camera with Dual-LED flash including panaroma and HDR and 20MP secondary camera with LED flash for selfies.
The connectivity medium include WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, Infrared port, Radio and USB. It is powered by Li-Po 4000 mAh battery to support the power back-up. The sensors on the phone include fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass.
It support Hybrid Dual-Sim mechanism.
Unlock Bootloader on your device:
Before proceeding to install custom Recovery on your device, you need to unlock bootloader on your device. This is the pre-requirement to install TWRP recovery on your device and to root your device. Click on the link below to follow the complete and easy guide to unlock bootloader on your xiaomi redmi note 5 Pro.
Steps To install TWRP Custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
To flash the SuperSu or Magisk file, we need to install TWRP custom Recovery. Before proceeding to install TWRP custom recovery, there are some pre-requirements which you need to follow:
- Download USB Drivers for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Download ADB and fastboot drivers.
- Download TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Download SuperSU file.
After that, install the ADB & fastboot and USB drivers properly on your computer.
- After downloading the TWRP Recovery for your Xiaomi redmi Note 5 Pro, Copy and then paste the recovery file in the ADB folder located in the C:\adb.
- Go to the ADB folder and right click anywhere in the whitespace + holding shift key. From window, select “open powershell window here” or “open command window here”.
- Connect your smartphone to a computer via USB cable.
- Turn off your phone, press and hold power and volume down buttons simultaneously. This action will boot your phone into Fastboot mode. Wait for a few seconds until the Mi bunny appears.
- To check whether your device is connected or not. Type the following command in the command window:
- To install TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, type the following command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Note: Write the exact name of recovery image before .img extension, so that Command window can access the recovery image.
- Wait for the process to complete and the TWRP custom recovery will be successfully install on your computer.
Steps To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- After downloading the SuperSu zip file from the above link. Copy and paste it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Then switch your phone Off. Press and hold power and Volume buttons simultaneously until you see the TWRP logo and your phone will be booted into Recovery mode.
- In TWRP recovery window, Tap on the “install” option and browse for the SuperSu zip file that you have pasted it to the internal storage of the phone before.
- Choosing the SuperSu zip file, all you need is to “Swipe to Confirm Flash”. This action will flash the SuperSu on your phone. Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- You will get the “Success” message after the flashing process is successfully completed. Then tap on the “Reboot” option to Reboot your device.
- Finally! All done. You have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.