Well, in world of Android there is a lot of craze for new updates. Now, developers has released a new update called LineageOS 16 based on Android 9 Pie. This update is very popular nowadays and brings a lot of new and customized features. It has concentrated on almost every department and you will be amazed to use its awesome features.
In this tutorial we will describe some the features of Android 9 Pie and will guide you how to download and install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note 3.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
Galaxy Note 3 comes with Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen. The type of display is 5.7 inches supporting resolution of 1080×1920 pixels protected by corning gorilla glass 3 technology. It is powered by Octa-Core technology processor.
The internal memory of the phone comes in three varients of 16 or 32 or 64 GB with 3 GB and also support micro-SD card upto 64 GB. The camera of the phone include 13MP Primary camera with LED flash including panaroma an HDR. The connectivity medium include WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Infrared port and USB.
It is powered by Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery to support the power back-up.
Features of LineageOS 16:
This features was introduced to check the apps that was mostly used by users and were considered favourite by users. This feature help to balance the smartphone usage and moderate parts that require attention. It also include timer which user can set while using the particular application. After exceeding the time limit, the application icon will automatically turn grey and you will notice the time spending on this app and your addiction for this application.
Smart Battery Feature
The Smart Battery feature will notice the usage detail of the user and will take an action to restrict the applications that are rarely used by the users. This will help turn down battery consumption.
The Gesture-Based navigation is very useful as now mostly Android phones have almost bezel less and notched display. With this feature, the recently open page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
Methods To Download and install LineageOS 16 on Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
- Before proceeding to install LineageOS 16, there are some pre-requirements which you need to follow:
- You need to unlock bootloader on your device. If you have not done it yet, then click on the link below:
- make sure you have 65-70% battery back-up.
- Make back-up of your important data.
Download LineageOS 16 and Gapps:
Final Steps To install LineageOS 16:
- Download the above files and then transfer it to the internal storage of the phone.
- Turn off your phone. Press and hold power and volume down simultaneously to boot your phone into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Tap on “Back-up” option from the menu of TWRP recovery and then Tap on “Data” and “Cache”.
- Tap on “install” option and locate the downloaded files you have transferred to the internal storage of your phone before.
- After that, flash the Gapps files.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and reboot your phone. Finally, your phone will be booted into LineageOS 16.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.