Google chrome is a popular web browser that facilitates its users to some extra-ordinary extent. But when it comes to privacy, then you need to change its settings according to your requirements. As the default settings of google chrome include the search history visible in the form of cache memory.
Therefore, when you search for something, the related result available in your search history become visible. This happens, when google chrome is synced with your gmail account and you are logged in with that gmail account which is synced.
when you use the chrome on other devices and you are logged in with your gmail account that synced with chrome, you will face the same situation there, as google chrome save the history and it will appear when you search in chrome. To get yourself out of this situation for privacy reason, then you need to follow the below method. In this article we will guide you how to disable the syncing of google chrome.
Method # 1: How To Turn Off Syncing in Google Chrome
In order to turn off the syncing, follow the below steps carefully:
- Launch the “Google Chrome” application.
- Click on the “menu 3 dots” icon located at the top right corner of the chrome interface.
- After that, tap on “settings”.
- In settings, you will be able to see the “Syncing” options. Click on “Advanced sync settings” and you will the list of items. Simply uncheck the items, which you don’t want to sync.
- To disconnect completely from the syncing process, then you need to click on the “Disconnect your google account” or click on “Turn off” button
That’s all, by following the above method will disable the “syncing process”.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.