Are you willing to install a third party antivirus program like AVG or Kaspersky? If so, then there is no need of Windows Defender working in parallel alongside other antivirus program. In this tutorial, we will guide you how to disable windows defender permanently in Windows 10, to save your computer resources.
Some users like windows defender and some users ignore windows defender and find it sometimes very annoying, or there might be any other reason to disable Windows Defender. Disabling Windows Defender is very simple and easy.
Just follow the below methods carefully.
Method # 1: Disable Windows Defender Using gpedit.msc command:
Step 1: Simultaneously press windows+R key to open the run command and then type gpedit.msc and press enter.
Step 2: It will open local group policy editor, simply follow the path
computer configuration->Administrative templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender antivirus
Step 3: After that, locate the option “turn off windows defender antivirus policy” and simply double click on it.
Step 4: Then you need to check the “Enabled” option.
Step 5: At last, click on apply and then press ok button. Also, restart your computer.
Method # 2: Disable Windows Defender Using Windows Settings
- Simultaneously press windows+I Key to open windows settings. Select the option “update & security”.
- Locate the “windows security” or “windows defender” option and click on it.
- Then click on “Virus and threat protection” option.
- After that, click on “Virus and threat protection” settings option.
- You will see the option “turn off the real time protection”. Simply disable that option.
- At last, restart you computer to make changes.
We do recommend that you keep some kind of antivirus software installed and up to date, especially if you are using your device to download files from the internet frequently, or if you are accessing the internet from a public WiFi source.
If you have any question related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.