IP Address is the unique numeric number that assigned to the computer by the router. Every computer has a unique IP Address which is dynamic and changes automatically whenever you restart the router.
The data on the network between devices are send through IP address. Therefore, IP address is very important as it is the unique address which differentiate that particular device from other. There are two types of IP address that include Static IP address and dynamic IP address. Static IP address is the one which is provided by the ISP and cannot be changed until it manually changes by the administrator.
Regarding to security point of view, dynamic IP address is secure enough as it changes whenever the device is connected to network. Therefore the chance of hacking is very rare in dynamic IP address.
In this post, we will guide you through simple method how to change the IP address manually. Go ahead and follow the method below:
Method # 1: How To Change IP Address Using Windows Settings
- Go ahead and open the “control panel”.
- In control panel, click on “network and internet” and then you need to click on “network and sharing center”.
- After that, locate the “Change adapter settings” and click on it.
- Finally, when the network connection open, then look for the current network connection connected to your computer and then right click on it. Select the properties from the menu.
- When the properties window open, click on the “Network” tab and locate the option “internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then select it.
- Then click on the “properties” button locate at the bottom.
- Now, to change the IP address, click on the option “Use the following IP address”.
- After that, enter the IP address you want to apply.
- Then, you need to enter the subnet mask, the recommended subnet mask for a local network is 255.255.255.0.
- In the default gateway field, you need to enter your router IP address.
- After that, go ahead and enter the DNS server, in the preferred DNS server enter your router IP address.
- In alternate DNS server field which is optional, you can also add IP address there.
- At last, click on “Ok” button to make the changes.
- Open the browser to check the network is working well.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.