Skype was one of the most used application for video calls and windows 10 include the version of with some customization. This version include integration of messaging app and skype video app also allow you to video chat in skype video app. In this article we will discuss about the skypehost.exe that cause high CPU usage.
This issue is basically caused, when the skype is running in the background or one of the reason might also be that you are using windows skype app. Therefore, you need to use the desktop version of skype by downloading it from official Skype site. Because the windows skype app, skypehost.exe results in high CPU usage. We will guide you how to uninstall the skype app and all its components completely from your computer in order to resolve the issue.
Method # 1: How To Uninstall Skype Using Windows Settings
Follow the steps below carefully:
- Go to “settings” and then click on “System”.
- In system, Select the option “Apps & features”.
- Then locate the “messaging”, “skype video app” and “skype app”.
- Uninstall all of them by simply clicking on “Uninstall” button.
Method # 2: Uninstall Skype Using Power Shell
Implement the following steps to remove skype using powershell:
- Simultaneously press windows+x key and then select the option “PowerShell (Admin) from the menu.
- Type the following commands and then press enter after each command to execute it:
Get-AppxPackage *Messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *Skype* | Remove-AppxPackage
After executing the above commands, simply restart your computer. When your computer boots up again, then check the issue is solved or not.
Uninstall or remove Skype using Full Package command in PowerShell:
- Launch the PowerShell as an admin rights and then type the following command and press enter to execute:
Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName
2. The list will appear, where you can see all the apps, locate the Microsoft.SkypeApp and remember the PackageFullName value
3. After that, type the following command and write the full name of the package which you want to remove:
Get-AppxPackage PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage
Demo : Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SkypeApp | Remove-AppxPackage
4. Press enter to execute the above command and if the app is already uninstalled, then it will not appear.
Method # 3: How To Install Skype Desktop version
In order to install the desktop version of skype, you need to follow the below steps:
- Go to Skype official website.
- After that, download it.
- When the application gets download, then proceed to install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
We have share 3 methods in order to fix the SkypeHost.exe results in high CPU usage. if you have any query related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.