Xiaomi Phones are nowdays very popular across the world as it comes with a varieties of new features. The phone is stable in every department. If you want to unlock bootloader on your Xiaomi device, then you need to follow some rules applied officially by Xiaomi.
In this tutorial we will guide you how to unlock bootloader through simple methods. Simply just follow this article an you are good to go.
Why To Unlock BootLoader?
The above question arise in our mind. Let me answer you to this question. By default, the Xiaomi device Bootloader is locked due to many reasons. The major reason is to maintain security. In case, if your phone is stolen or lost, then the user will not be able to factory reset your phone or to flash Custom ROM on your device.
These are the main reason behind Locked bootloader.
Unlocking Bootloader privileges:
Unlocking bootloader will grant you permission to flash Custom ROM on your device. If you are willing to update your device with Custom ROM, then you need to unlock Bootloader First.
- Any damage caused by unlocking bootloader, the responsibility is all yours.
- You will lose warranty of your phone.
- This article is only for Xiaomi Lovers.
Lets go through some pre-requirements:
- Make back-up of your important data before unlocking bootloader on your device.
- Enable the USB Debugging and install the USB drivers for your Xiaomi phone.
Methods to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Devices using Mi Flash Tool
- Log in to your Mi account. If you don’t have an account, then create an account.
- Download the Mi Flash Unlock tool application on your computer and then run the application.
- Now fill up the credentials by giving Mi account UserID and Password and log in.
- This action will automatically start the process on your phone. If you have not given the permission, then you will get a message “you don’t have the permission to unlock your device”.
- Go to “unlock request page” and then press the button “Unlock now” and log in to your Mi account.
- It will ask you for a reasons, provide valid reasons and wait for your application to be approved.
- After your application is approved, you will receive OTP (one-time password) on your phone number.
- Use OTP code and proceed to unlock bootloader. (One thing you should keep in mind, be patient as it may take more than ten days to receive the OTP code).
- Open the Mi Flash tool application and you will see the permission has been granted to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Smartphone.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing problem related to this post.