Do you own Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone? If yes, then you will be delighted to know that Galaxy S5 can be updated to Android 8.1 Oreo using a custom ROM.
Galaxy S5 was once Samsung flagship device which nowadays is Galaxy S9. Because of that, Samsung has all its focus on Galaxy S9. This is the main reason, Galaxy S5 has not received the official Android 8.1 Oreo update from Samsung.
Worry now and thank the developers behind Resurrection Remix custom rom for keeping your device alive. With Resurrection Remix custom ROM, based on Android 8.1 Oreo, you can give your Galaxy S5 a new look.
How to Update Galaxy S5 to Android 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM
Before you proceed, you will need to make sure that:
- Your Galaxy S5 is rooted. If it is not, follow this tutorial to root Galaxy S5.
- Backup your important data.
After this is done, you are welcome to follow the steps below to upgrade Galaxy S5 to Android 8.1 Oreo.
- First of all download Resurrection Remix custom ROM for Galaxy S5.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file inside the phone memory card.
- Reboot your Galaxy S5 to recovery mode.
- Remove or un-install the previous ROM.
- Proceed with installation of Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo custom rom on Galaxy S5.
- Once done, reboot your S5.