Good news for Xiaomi Redmi 3s users as latest Custom ROM LineageOS 16 based on Android Pie is has been released.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 3s:
Xiaomi Redmi 3s comes with a large display of 5.5 inches supporting resolution of 720×1280 pixels. It support Hybrid Dual-Sim. The internal memory of the phone include 16GB with 2 GB RAM and also support micro-SD card upto 256 GB.
For photos and videos, the phone include 13MP Primary camera with LED flash including features and 5MP secondary camera for selfies. The connectivity medium include WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, Infrared port, Radio and USB. It is powered by Li-Po 4100 mAh battery to support the power back-up.
The phone is equipped with octa-core 1.4 GHz cortex-A53 processor.
Features of LineageOS 16 based on Android 9 Pie:
This features was introduced to check the apps that was mostly used by users and were considered favourite by users. This feature help to balance the smartphone usage and moderate parts that require attention. It also include timer which user can set while using the particular application. After exceeding the time limit, the application icon will automatically turn grey and you will notice the time spending on this app and your addiction for this application.
Smart Battery Feature
The Smart Battery feature will notice the usage detail of the user and will take an action to restrict the applications that are rarely used by the users. This will help turn down battery consumption.
The Gesture-Based navigation is very useful as now mostly Android phones have almost bezel less and notched display. With this feature, the recently open page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
This is the awesome app that will help user to easily reach their destination. With Slices feature, the user will be able to use app functions without entering in it. Whenever, the user will search for that particular application. It will prompt a small properties window containing few quick actions related to that application. This function of this feature is much quicker and user friendly.
This feature is quite outstanding as it work with artificial intelligence. The feature will take notice of the time, when you will change the brightness and will remember it for future and will adjust the brightness according to time and brightness.
Methods To Download and install LineageOS 16 on Xiaomi Redmi 3s:
Before proceeding to install Custom ROM, lets follow the below pre-requirements:
- Unlock Bootloader on your smartphone and install Custom recovery and root your device. After that, you will be able to install Custom ROM on your device.
- Click on the link below to perform above actions:
- Make sure that you have 60-65% battery back-up.
- Make back-up of your important data before proceeding.
Download LineageOS 16 and Gapps For Xiaomi Redmi 3s:
Guide To install LineageOS 16 Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3s:
- Download the above files and then transfer it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Simple turn off your phone, then press & hold Volumn down and Power buttons simultaneously to boot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Tap on “Back-up” option in TWRP recovery mode, then tap on “Data” and “Cache” from recovery menu.
- Tap on “install” option and then browse for LineageOS 16 file that you have transfer to the internal storage of your phone. After that flash Gapps files and then Magisk.
- Wait for the process to complete and then restart your phone and you will be booted into LineageOS 16 based on Android 9 pie.
Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any problem related to this post.
Muhammad Tayyab is a long time contributor at Geekspie.com. Muhammad has years of experience writing about tech, including tutorials to resolve common problems users experience with Windows and Mac computers, iOS and and android devices, and software of all kinds. He can be reached through the contact us form.